We follow a very clear 5 step process that not only reduces your risk of potential cost over runs and timeline blowouts, but enables you to fully understand your needs & options before you make any large financial commitments.
We created this brief information video to explain the first step you should take when starting a project. It explains how to avoid the #1 mistake people make when building or renovating.
The first step is to fully understand the project objectives & parameters.
Just as a doctor will diagnose before they operate, we diagnose before we design.
In hospitality, time is of the essence, and we have the know-how to get things done fast. But without adequate project preparation, your project could easily become over time and over budget, reducing your business’ chance of success.
Our process for diagnosis is the Design Diagnosis.
What You Get
- Report outlining our findings and recommendations
- Tailored questionnaire to identify your requirements
- An outline of your project brief (return brief)
- An outline of local council planning requirements
- An outline of building codes & requirements
- An outline of your legal requirements
- Site inspection, investigation & analysis
- Site constraints and opportunities
- Design constraints & opportunities based on site, planning, building & legal requirements
- Architects opinion on feasibility
- How to achieve the best design outcome for your budget
- A plan to move forward with a timeline and likely costs
What This Means
- You will be clear about what is possible based on your budget
- You will know what your options are & likely costs
- You will have a clear timeline for the project
- You will be able to make decisions with confidence
- You will be able to establish a financial plan for your project
- You will fully understand the project process before design starts
- You will give your project the best opportunity for success
The Design Diagnosis Report is yours to keep and can be used with us or any other architect.
To get your Design Diagnosis Report started, contact us
Based on the findings from the Design Diagnosis, we get to work to produce innovative design concepts that are captivating and clever in equal measure.
We present our ideas using drawings and inspirational imagery presented as a digital look-book. This is yours to keep so you can easily reference design ideas and continue your discussions with family & friends.
You provide us with feedback and we refine the design to get it just right. We then present the final concept design for your approval.
The approved concept design is developed into a package of drawings & documents to adequately explain the internal, external and landscape elements of the design. The information produced during this phase is suitable to obtain a preliminary cost estimate. The outcome of this phase will also allow a seamless transition into Town Planning preparation if required or Construction Documentation.
Town Planning Permit
The Design Diagnosis will identify whether your project requires a town planning permit. If required, we will act on your behalf and liaise with council. We will also prepare and lodge all the required documentation and project manage the process. We have extensive experience in this area, helping to remove stress and streamline this complex process.
The developed design is advanced into a set of drawings, schedules & specifications – this is not dissimilar to creating a building ‘instruction manual’. This phase includes technical drawings, specification of finishes, fittings, equipment and general design instructions.
This package of documents provided will be suitable for procuring a builder as well as obtaining building permit approval.
We regularly work with great builders who we would happily recommend. However, to ensure you receive the most competitive construction cost, we recommend going to market through a tender process.
This not only outlines exactly what you will get at the end of construction, it also ensures you obtain competitive construction costs, giving you piece of mind.
Construction & Quality Control
Given you may not be versed in project management & contract administration, we can act on your behalf during construction. Our role is to ensure the building is built as per the contract documentation, as well as manage and assess the quality and workmanship of the built outcome.
To ensure you stay up to date, we provide regular reporting on time, cost & progress. We find this results in a more streamlined and less stressful process for our clients (and builders) whilst achieving a high quality architectural result.